Featured image copyright Sara Thomas, featuring Barry Neeson
Here’s a tutorial to make a quick & easy sketchbook.
Things you’ll need:
- 10 sheets of A4 paper
- 1 sheet of A4 card
- Thumbtack or paperclip
- Neatly assemble your 10 sheets of A4 paper on top of the sheet of cardboard, and then carefully fold in half to create an A5 size.
- Cut along the fold.
- Using a pen or pencil mark a dot roughly an inch in from the short edge, and roughly the same from the long edge, at both sides.
- Using a thumbtack (or something similar) carefully press through the dots marked to make a hole. NOTE: if you have two thumbtacks, leave them stuck through the paper until the next step – it makes things a bit easier!
- Straighten out the paper clips and feed them through the holes until they are half way through.
- Bend both ends out over the edge of the paper, and twist them together. Bend the excess back onto your card to keep it out of the way.
- Ta-da! You now have a simple sketchbook. Why not decorate the cover as your first project?
Watch the step by step instruction video (YouTube)
Watch the step by step instruction video (Wikimedia Commons)
Our videos are released under a CC-BY-SA license. Please feel free to use and share, but please credit Barry Neeson / Boom! Community Arts.