In this tutorial you’ll learn how to make Art Dice – roll to figure out which art activity you should do next, and then put them in your sketchbook!
Materials you’ll need:
- Art Dice template (see below)
- Colouring pens or pencils
- Print out / trace your art dice template
- Give you art dice some background colour – the more vibrant and bright the better!
- You’ve got 2 dice for a reason – one is for activity, and one is for subject.
- Decide which activities you want on the first one – drawing, painting, collage, stickers… and write one on each side of the dice
- Decide which subjects you want for the second one – out your window, animals, food… and write one on each side of the other dice
- Carefully cut out your dice
- Fold over the dotted lines, and glue together
- Now get rolling!
Watch the step by step instruction video (Wikimedia Commons)
The videos and the ArtDice templates are released under a CC-BY-SA license. Please feel free to use and share, but please credit Barry Neeson / Boom! Community Arts. Featured image and images of ArtDice on this page, copyright Barry Neeson.